Preschool / Pre-Primary Teachers
Our Montessori preschool or pre-primary teachers help children build and master important skills at critical periods – the moment they are most sensitive to acquiring a new skill or concept. Meet our West Bloomfield preschool teachers.
- Ms. Vanessa has been a Lead Children’s House Teacher with Brookfield Academy since 2001. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development from Universitee Jules Vernes from Amiens, France, and her Montessori credential from the Montessori Teacher Training Institute in Adrian, Michigan. In her free time, she enjoys reading, scrapbooking, photography, spending time with family, and traveling to France.
- Ms. Singleton has been a Lead Children’s House Teacher with Brookfield Academy since 1993. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Early Childhood Education from St. Mary’s of Orchard Lake and a Montessori Credential from the Montessori Teacher Training Institute in Adrian, Michigan. In her free time, she enjoys traveling up north, spending time with family, and going to football games.
Preschool / Pre-Primary Associate Teachers
- Ms. Shahin has been a Children’s House Associate Teacher at Brookfield Academy since 2002. She has a bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology and has received her Pre-Primary Montessori Certificate from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. In her free time, she enjoys swimming, spending time in nature, and traveling.
- Ms. Vera has been an associate teacher with Brookfield Academy since 2006. She graduated from Southeastern High and attended Marygrove College. In her free time, Ms. Vera enjoys bowling, singing, teaching bible studies, and spending time with family.
- Ms. Chloe has been an Associate Teacher with Brookfield Academy since 2017. She has a Bachelor Degree in International Studies and Economics from the University of Michigan. In her free time, she enjoys scrap-booking, cross stitching, reading, and running.
Our highly trained elementary school teachers combine high expectations for children with hands-on, challenging, and engaging materials in an environment designed to foster academic success and social skills. Meet our West Bloomfield elementary school teachers.
- Mr. O’Connor has been a Lead Elementary Teacher with Brookfield Academy since 2014. He has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree from Eastern Michigan University in Elementary Education and a Masters in Middle school mathematics from Marygrove University. He received his Montessori Elementary credential from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. In his free time, he enjoys going on family walks and looking for patterns.
- Ms. Elise has been a Lead Upper Elementary Teacher with Brookfield Academy since 2008. She has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree from Oakland University, Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Baker College and a Masters in Educational Leadership from Central Michigan University. She received her Montessori Elementary Credential from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. In her free time, she enjoys camping, hiking, traveling and spending time outdoors.
Club Brookfield Teachers
Club Brookfield teachers are sensitive to the social and emotional needs of children during before- and after-school times and school vacation days. They provide a safe, consistent atmosphere that ensures nurturing experiences for each child. Meet our West Bloomfield before & after school teachers.
- Ms. Angela was hired in at Brookfield Academy, Rochester Hills Campus in 2007. She transferred to the West Bloomfield Campus in 2012. Ms. Angela has been the Club Brookfield Director at the West Bloomfield Campus since 2012. She has an Associate degree in Early Childhood Development from Macomb Community College. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her son and daughter, playing volleyball and watching the Red Wings.
Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities Teachers
Enrichment teachers and coaches foster children’s desires for new challenges and opportunities that celebrate their expanding world. Meet our West Bloomfield enrichment & extracurricular activities teachers.
- Coach Culp is the Physical Education Teacher. He has a bachelor’s degree in sociology with a minor in child development from Michigan State University. Coach Culp has 20 years of experience working with children, with three of them being at Brookfield Academy. In his free time he coaches the freshman football team at Troy Athens H.S. and is also the President of the Detroit Spartans Alumni Club.
- Stephania is the Spanish teacher. She has been teaching since 2010 She has a Bachelors degree in exceptional education with the specialty in speech and language from ENSEJ in Mexico, and a continuing education from Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Madrid Spain. Stephania is passionate about teaching about her culture and language. On her free time she enjoys spending time with her family, exercising, having coffee and taking pictures.
- Ms. Saritha is the Computer Teacher. She loves teaching because through teaching, she has become a lifelong learner. She feels as though she never ceases to learn from her students. Every day is different and the students are all unique but most of all, she wants her computer class to be a fun learning experience for the children. When she is not teaching she enjoys spending time with her family, reading and listening to music.
- Ms. Shahin has been a Children’s House Associate Teacher at Brookfield Academy since 2002. She has a bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology and has received her Preprimary Montessori Certificate from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. In her free time, she enjoys swimming, spending time in nature, and traveling. This school year Ms. Shahin will also be teaching out Art program to the students.
- Mr. Jim Territo studied Education and Composition at the University of Michigan School of Music (BMus, 2001, MMus, 2008). He did his student teaching in Saline, MI. Jim has taught High School, Elementary, and Jazz band at Detroit Country Day School from 2002-2014. He has also worked in NYC as a composer and theatre music director in 2014-2015. He has taught band and general music at the Roeper School from 2016-2018, and worked with the El-Sistema affiliated program “Accent Pontiac” 2016-2018. Jim is also a freelance composer, arranger, and pianist since 1997. He hasseveral published works, and an active performance schedule. He is currently developing his third original musical: “The Daedalus 2 Mission”.
School administrators uphold the Montessori mission to provide children with an individualized education that helps them achieve academic success. They work hand in hand with their faculty and families to nurture each child’s individual, unique potential. Meet our West Bloomfield school administrators.
- Ms. Lisa has been the principal at Brookfield Academy for nine years. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan-Flint and received her Montessori credential in 2000. Ms. Lisa has taught Preschool and Lower Elementary in her 20 year career. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Ms. Lisa loves to watch her son swim, perform karate, and play t-ball. She also likes to spend time outside in the summer swimming and play golf.
- Ms. Jenn has been the Business Manager at Brookfield Academy since 2017. Jenn has a Bachelor degree from Eastern Michigan University in Science with a concentration in psychology and an Associates of Applied Science in Therapeutic Massage from Baker College. In her time Jenn enjoys spending time with her children, couponing and going to concerts.