Preschool / Pre-Primary Teachers
Our Montessori-certified preschool or pre-primary teachers help children build and master important skills at critical periods – the moment they are most sensitive to acquiring a new skill or concept. Meet our Troy preschool teachers.
- Ms. Tracey is our toddler lead teacher. She discovered her love of the Montessori Philosophy and received her Birth to Three Montessori Certification at MECA Seton in Chicago the Summer of 2006. Her and her husband look forward to the winter months because they enjoy downhill skiing. You might see her wearing an item she has knitted! Her favorite quote is “ Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.” -Maria Montessori
- Ms. Tina is the Lead teacher in the Pre-Primary classroom. This is her second year at Brookfield Academy. Ms. Tina has been a lead preschool teacher for six years. She earned her Bachelors in Counseling Psychology from North Park University in Chicago, IL. Ms. Tina received her Montessori certificate from the Northern American Montessori Center in March of 2019. Ms. Tina enjoys teaching children and understanding what each individual child needs to reach their AHA moments. In her free time, Ms. Tina enjoys traveling and spending time with her nephew and family.
- Miss Stephanie has been an Teacher at Brookfield since November, 2015. She is a graduate of Oakland University with a Bachelors of Art in Art History. As an undergraduate, Miss Stephanie also studied Psychology with a concentration in Child Development. She completed her Associate Montessori certification in January of 2016. During the summer of 2016, Miss Stephanie directed Brookfield’s summer camp program.
Miss Stephanie is passionate about learning and teaching young children. She enjoys reading children’s literature, especially aloud to students. With a background in art, dance, and musical theatre, she loves to have fun and be creative both inside and outside of the classroom.
Preschool / Pre-Primary Associate Teachers
- Ms. Leslie Kolly
- Ms. Myra Richardson
- Ms. Rajitha Podishetty
- Ms. Beverly Carney
- Ms. Ritu Rana
- Ms. Hala Faransi
- Ms. Rachel Rodzos
- Miss Leslie is an Associate Teacher in Pre-primary. She has worked at Brookfield Academy since 2000. She enjoys the variety that working at Brookfield brings. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her grandsons.
- Ms. Myra has been an Associate Teacher at Brookfield Academy since 2001. She has a bachelor’s degree in child development and family life from Indiana State University. She is from a family of educators, with a combined 81 years of teaching. In her free time, she spends time with her three daughters, teaches bible school, is the founder of My Sister’s Closet and is a U of M fan. “I just love preschool children because you are working with the foundation of little minds.”
- Ms. Rajitha is an associate teacher at Brookifeld Academy. She joined the staff in the summer of 2018. She has four years of experience in teaching preschool children and was trained in Montessori education method. She has a passion and love for helping kids enjoy their learning. Rajitha is married with two children. In her spare time, she loves listening to music, cooking and taking care of her family.
- Ritu has been working as a associate teacher at Brookfield Academy since September of 2015. She graduated from Punjab University in India. She has a degree in Architecture and completed her post gradate work in Ecology and Environment at Sikkim Manibal University in India. Prior to Brookfield Academy, she worked at DLF in India as an Assistant Architect for 5 years. She strives to ensure that every child’s learning style and abilities are address.
Ms. Beverly is an associate toddler teacher. She has worked with children for nearly 20 years. In her spare time she enjoys going to concerts, camping, cooking and baking, as well as spending time with her friends, family, husband and dog. She is looking forward to continuing her education and to many more years at Brookfield Academy.
- Mrs. Hala is an associate toddler teacher. She started working at Brookfield Academy since spring of 2017. Mrs. Hala received her associate degree in Early Childhood from Macomb Community College. In her free time, she loves to spend time with her children. She also enjoys spending time in the kitchen, cooking.
- Ms. Rachel is an associate toddler teacher. She started working at Brookfield Academy this past summer. She is currently working on her degree at Macomb Community College. In her spare time, she loves to spend time with her friends and family.
Our highly trained elementary school teachers combine high expectations for children with hands-on, challenging, and engaging materials in an environment designed to foster academic success and social skills. Meet our Troy elementary school teachers.
- Ms. Ms. Burkhardt is a lead reading teacher. She has her Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with an endorsement in Language Arts from Central Michigan University. This is Ms. Burkhardt’s second year at Brookfield Academy! Ms. Burkhardt believes that learning should be fun and loves to incorporate magic into her daily lessons. In her free time Ms. Burkhardt enjoys reading, hiking, traveling and cooking!
- Ms. Bates is a lead elementary teacher of Math, Science and Social Studies. She has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Elementary Education with specializations in TESOL and History from Michigan State University. When she is not teaching, she loves to read, travel and spend time with family and friends.
- Ms. Raffa is a Lead Elementary Teacher for Language Arts. She went to Oakland University where she received her Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. She is passionate about teaching and enjoys watching her students grow in their learning. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and pets, exercising, and enjoying the outdoors.
Elementary Associate Teachers
- Ms. Sibani has earned her Bachelor of Arts (Vidyasaga College, India) and Bachelor of Education (Calcutta University, India) degrees. She has been a teacher since 1992 and enjoys helping and teaching the children. It is always a great joy to watch them every day when they accomplish the work successfully. Ms. Sibani’s favorite children’s book is “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein.
- Mrs. Sonia is an Associate Teacher. She has her master’s degree in ancient Indian history from India. She has been at Brookfield Academy since 2002. She enjoys working with children. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, shopping, and watching movies.
Club Brookfield Teachers
Club Brookfield teachers are sensitive to the social and emotional needs of children during before- and after-school times and school vacation days. They provide a safe, consistent atmosphere that ensures nurturing experiences for each child. Meet our Troy before & after school teachers.
Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities Teachers
Enrichment teachers and coaches foster children’s desires for new challenges and opportunities that celebrate their expanding world. Meet our enrichment extracurricular activities teachers.
- Coach Culp is the Physical Education Teacher. He has a bachelor’s degree in sociology with a minor in child development from Michigan State University. Coach Culp has 20 years of experience working with children, with three of them being at Brookfield Academy. In his free time, he coaches the freshman football team at Troy Athens H.S. and is also the President of the Detroit Spartans Alumni Club.
- Mr. Warren attended Oakland Community College and Mid-Michigan College in Lansing, Michigan. He also is a graduate of The Fire Academy and is a certified paramedic. Kyle has worked for Brookfield Academy Troy both as an associate teacher in child care and as a summer camp counselor. He is married and has a dog named, Luna. Mr. Warren is passionate about computer technology and enjoys spending time with his family, friends and Luna.
- Stephania is the Spanish teacher. She has been teaching since 2010 She has a Bachelors’s degree in exceptional education with a specialty in speech and language from ENSEJ in Mexico, and continuing education from Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Madrid Spain. Stephania is passionate about teaching about her culture and language. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family, exercising, having coffee and taking pictures.
- Ms. Cori is our Art teacher. In the past, she has been the Club Director/Summer Camp Director at the Troy Campus. She has worked at Brookfield Academy since 2008. She studied fine art at Adrian College and continues to paint, draw, and create in her free time. She loves being a positive part of each child’s day.
- Mr. Jim Territo studied Education and Composition at the University of Michigan School of Music (BMus, 2001, MMus, 2008). He did his student teaching in Saline, MI. Jim has taught High School, Elementary, and Jazz band at Detroit Country Day School from 2002-2014. He has also worked in NYC as a composer and theatre music director in 2014-2015. He has taught band and general music at the Roeper School from 2016-2018 and worked with the El-Sistema affiliated program “Accent Pontiac” 2016-2018. Jim is also a freelance composer, arranger, and pianist since 1997. He has several published works and an active performance schedule. He is currently developing his third original musical: “The Daedalus 2 Mission”.
School administrators uphold the Montessori mission to provide children with an individualized education that helps them achieve academic success. They work hand in hand with their faculty and families to nurture each child’s individual, unique potential. Meet our Troy school administrators.
- Mrs. Lisa has been the principal at Brookfield for seven years. She has a bachelor’s degree in education from Rochester College and her master’s degree in educational leadership from Saginaw Valley. Mrs. Lisa has taught toddlers through 5th grade in her 28-year career. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Mrs. Lisa loves to travel to warm climates.
- Ms. Dawn has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 1998. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development from Central Michigan University and a Lower Elementary Montessori certificate from MMTEC. Ms. Dawn was a Lower Elementary teacher prior to taking on leadership roles in 2007. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her three children, her husband, friends and family. Ms. Dawn loves to read, watch movies and play games.