Toddler / Preschool / Pre-Primary Lead Teachers
Our Montessori-certified preschool or pre-primary teachers help children build and master important skills at critical periods – the moment they are most sensitive to acquiring a new skill or concept. Meet our Rochester Hills preschool teachers.
Ms. Brinda is married with two children who both previously attending Brookfield Academy. Ms. Brinda has a Bachelors of Arts in Ancient Indian Culture as well as Montessori certification from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. Previously, Ms. Brinda has taught at the Troy Brookfield Academy campus for seven years. Ms. Brinda also taught at the Oakland Children’s Academy and Renaissance Montessori. In her spare time Ms. Brinda enjoys taking her dog, Daisy on walks. She also enjoys listening to music and playing board games with her children.
- Ms. Carrie began working at Brookfield Academy in 2005, as an associate teacher. She has eight combined years as an employee at both the Rochester campus and the Troy campus. Ms. Carrie studied English Literature at Wayne State University, and has attended the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Institute for pre-primary education. Ms. Carrie is passionate about making learning fun and exciting, which will help children to develop a love for learning throughout their whole education. When not at Brookfield, Ms. Carrie enjoys spending time with her family travelling, boating, being outdoors, or having movie nights at home.
Preschool / Pre-Primary Associate Teachers
- Ms. Suchi Kumar
- Ms. Prabha Mohan
- Ms. Suman Suri
- Ms. Coleen Ober
- Ms. Barbara Hengstebeck
- Ms. Bhumika Rajdev
- Ms. Zoa Sare
- Ms. Such is a Children’s House associate teacher. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2009 Ms. Suchi has a Child Development Associate Degree from Macomb Community College. Ms. Suchi’s passion is working with children and helping them reach their goals. She enjoys being around kids. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling and reading.
- Ms. Prabha has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2007. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in English Literature in India and recently completed courses in Early Childhood Education at Oakland Community College. Ms. Prabha has also attended Para-professional training at the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. She loves the energy and the innocent enthusiasm of children. She finds it very rewarding to see them grow and she loves being a part of their lives.
- Ms. Suman has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Delhi University. She has her Montessori Certification from the Nursery Teachers Training Institute in New Delhi, India. Ms. Suman has been with Brookfield Academy since 2006 years. She was a lead Children’s House teacher for 2 years. She loves working with children and helping them grow to their full potential. Ms. Suman enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her family and friends in her free time.
- Ms. Colleen is a Toddler Associate teacher. She has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2002. She has a grown son and loves to be with children.
- Ms. Barbara is the Club Brookfield Director. She has worked in the child care field since 2001 in both in-home care and a school setting. She has been a part of the Brookfield team since 2012. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, doing volunteer work, and reading.
- Ms. Bhumika is a Children’s House associate teacher. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2017. She has her Bachelor degree in Education from the University of Kolkata, India and also has her Child Development Associate Degree from Florida. Ms. Bhumika has worked in various learning centers in Orlando, Florida. She enjoys being around children. In her spare time she enjoys being with family and friends and traveling.
- Ms. Zoa studied Child Development at Oakland Community College. She ran an in-home childcare for 15 years. Ms. Zoa became a part of the Brookfield Academy team in 2009 as an assistant teacher. In 2010 she became our afterschool Club Director. Ms. Zoa finds the most rewarding part of her job is seeing how the little things we do play such a big role in shaping children as they grow. Her favorite past-times are reading and spending time with her family. Her favorite books include “The Giving Tree” and “Oh, the Places You Will Go.”
Our highly trained elementary school teachers combine high expectations for children with hands-on, challenging, and engaging materials in an environment designed to foster academic success and social skills. Meet our Rochester Hills elementary school teachers.
- Ms. Jenny grew up in Rochester Hills and is a graduate of Oakland University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. Ms. Jenny majored in Language Arts and Early Childhood Education with a minor in Integrated Science. She enjoys doing puzzles with her friends and family, watching movies and playing outside with her dogs. In her free time, she loves to travel, and has been fortunate enough to travel to Europe on two occasions. Ms. Jenny also loves to read and hopes to instill her passion for reading in her classroom. Ms. Jenny comes to us with previous experience working in the classroom. She has had to the opportunity to work in both Upper and Lower Elementary at Brookfield Academy Troy as well as Hampton Elementary.
- Ms. Elise is a Lead Upper Elementary Teacher who teaches Math, Science and Cultural Studies. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan. She enjoys being with her friends and family, and has two beautiful nieces that she loves to spend time with after school and on the weekends. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, writing, traveling, and playing board games.
Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities Teachers
Enrichment teachers and coaches foster children’s desires for new challenges and opportunities that celebrate their expanding world. Meet our Rochester Hills enrichment & extracurricular activities teachers.
- Mr. Bob is the Director of Music at Brookfield Academy. He has been a music educator for the last 21 years and has been teaching at Brookfield Academy since 2002. Mr. Bob has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama. Prior to becoming a teacher, Mr. Bob served as an Aviation Operations Specialist in the United States Army. He enjoys mountain biking, hiking, playing the trumpet, watching his hometown Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time with family and friends, his wife Martha, and their two cats, Colin and Ringo and two dogs, George and Bruce.
- Sra. Vasquez comes from Mexican heritage. She has over 14 years of experience teaching Spanish. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2001. Sra. Vasquez has experience working as an assistant in the Montessori classroom and as the Club Brookfield Director. She enjoys sharing her language and culture with the children. Some of the most rewarding parts of teaching are watching the children learn something new.
- Ms. Andi is the Art teacher at Brookfield Academy. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design. She has worked as an assistant to a university professor for two years and has been part of the Brookfield team since 2012. She loves to teach art because of the limitless possibilities art offers for reaching young minds in our schools. She believes that Art is cross-curricular and touches all aspects of life and is truly the language of all humankind.
- Mr. K is the Physical Education teacher at Brookfield Academy. He graduated from Western Michigan University in the Spring of 2012. He joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2015. Mr. K also coaches football at Lamphere High School and enjoys sports and karaoke in his spare time.
School administrators uphold the Montessori mission to provide children with an individualized education that helps them achieve academic success. They work hand in hand with their faculty and families to nurture each child’s individual, unique potential. Meet our Rochester Hills school administrators.
- Mrs. Stacey Hartwig is the Principal. Mrs. Hartwig attended Oakland University and received her degree in Elementary Education. Mrs. Hartwig was an Assistant Principal and teacher for Brookfield Academy Troy since 2013.
Mrs. Hartwig is married to her husband, Andrew. Together they have three sons, Carter, Colton, and Charlie. Mrs. Harwig enjoys taking walks, spending time at the lake house, loves animals, and, of course, spending quality time with her family.
Mrs. Hartwig believes that every child can learn and achieve his/her goals by building relationships and partnering with families.