Toddler / Preschool / Pre-Primary Lead Teachers
Our Montessori-certified preschool or pre-primary teachers help children build and master important skills at critical periods – the moment they are most sensitive to acquiring a new skill or concept. Meet our Rochester Hills preschool teachers.
- Ms. Mary is a Lead Children’s House teacher. She has a Bachelor’s Degree from Hope College and her Montessori Credential from The Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. Ms. Mary gained a true appreciation for the Montessori method while watching her two children grow and learn at Brookfield. Ms. Mary worked as a teacher’s assistant for two years and has been a lead teacher since 2004. Seeing a student reach the “ah ha” moment gives Ms. Mary a great deal of fulfillment. She enjoys traveling, camping, and spending time with her family.
- Ms. Chelsea became a Children’s House associate teacher at Brookfield Academy in 2016. She received her Associates degree in Early Childhood Education from Baker College in 2016 and will be pursuing her Bachelor degree after that. Ms. Chelsea has worked in various early learning centers in Lake Orion and has also been employed as a nanny. She feels that children are important and she loves watching them grow and develop from the learning experiences they share. She chose to pursue working in early childhood so she could make a difference in children’s lives. In her spare time she enjoys being with family, spending time outdoors and camping.
- Ms. Kristen is a lead Children’s House teacher. She has a degree in Early Childhood and received her Montessori certification from the Montessori Teacher Teaching Institute in Adrian, Michigan. Ms. Kristen has been with Brookfield Academy since 1994, working both at the Troy and Rochester campuses. Ms. Kristen started as the Daycare Coordinator in Troy in 1994 and as a lead teacher in Rochester in 1998. Ms. Kristen has two daughters that she loves spending time with at her family cottage or just relaxing at home.
- Ms. Tejal is a lead Children’s House teacher. She has been teaching for over 39 years and enjoys watching children develop to their full potential. She looks forward to coming to work because with this age group every day is a new day with a new surprise. Ms. Tejal has earned a degree in Early Education/Special Education from Sophia College in India as well as Montessori Certification from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. This is her 27th year teaching at Brookfield Academy. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, reading and traveling.
Preschool / Pre-Primary Associate Teachers
- Ms. Ramona Crowley
- Ms. Suchi Kumar
- Ms. Prabha Mohan
- Ms. Colleen Ober
- Ms. Gaylyn Foxworthy
- Ms. Zoa Sare
- Ms. Heather Lee
- Ms. Ramona is a Children’s House Associate teacher. She previously worked for 2 years in a childcare in the Flint area before joining Brookfield Academy in 2004. Ms. Ramona attended Oakland University, where she discovered Montessori and absolutely fell in love with it.
- Ms. Suchi has been a Children’s House associate teacher for the past 7 years at Brookfield Academy. She has a Child Development Associate Degree from Macomb Community College. Ms. Suchi’s passion is working with children and helping them reach their goals. She enjoys being around kids. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling and reading.
- Ms. Prabha has been with Brookfield Academy since 2007. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in English Literature in India and recently completed courses in Early Childhood at Oakland Community College. Ms. Prabha has also attended Para-professional training at the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. She loves the energy and the innocent enthusiasm of children. She finds it very rewarding to see them grow and she loves being a part of their lives.
- Ms. Colleen is a Children’s House Associate Teacher. She has been at Brookfield Academy for over 10 years and works in the classroom, the nap room, and at the afterschool program.
- Ms. Gaylyn is a Children’s House Associate teacher. She has a degree in Early Childhood Development from Siena Heights University. She loves watching the children learn and grow and seeing how they think through problems and situations. She enjoys music, traveling, reading and spending time with her friends and family.
- Ms. Zoa studied Child Development at Oakland Community College. She ran an in-home childcare for 15 years. Ms. Zoa started at Brookfield Academy in 2009 as an assistant teacher. In 2010 Ms. Zoa became our afterschool Club Director. Ms. Zoa finds the most rewarding part of her job is seeing how the little things we do play such a big role in shaping the children as they grow. Her favorite past times are reading and spending time with her family. Her favorite books include “The Giving Tree” and “Oh, the Places You Will Go.”
- Ms. Heather came to the United States when she was in 5th grade. She speaks fluent Korean and English. She majored in psychology while focusing mainly on child development and family building. Ms. Heather believes that children are the future of this world. Therefore, developing healthy and bright children are very important to her. She loves children and has passion for building self-esteem and a strong core in each and every child.
Our highly trained elementary school teachers combine high expectations for children with hands-on, challenging, and engaging materials in an environment designed to foster academic success and social skills. Meet our Rochester Hills elementary school teachers.
- Ms. Amy Barker
- Ms. Allie Harrison
- Ms. Sunny Lee
- Ms. Kathy Natoli
- Ms. Danielle VanderHagen
- Ms. Nia Chambers
- Ms. Amy is a Lead Elementary Language Arts Teacher. She has a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from the University of Michigan and 13 years of experience working with children, nine of which have been spent at Brookfield Academy. Ms. Amy’s mission is to bring joy to her students through learning. In her free time she loves to spend time with her family and friends, go boating, stay active outdoors, and cheer on Michigan sports.
- Ms. Allie is a Lead Upper Elementary Teacher for Math, Science and Cultural Studies. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan and Montessori Certification from North American Montessori Center. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and two dogs. Ms. Allie also enjoys watching hockey games and cheering on the Ohio State Buckeyes!
- Ms. Sunny is a Lead Elementary Teacher. She has a master’s degree in political science, a bachelor’s degree in education from Sungshin Women’s University in Seoul, Korea, and, her Montessori Credential from the Montessori Teacher Training Institute in Rochester Hills, Michigan. This is her 11th year at Brookfield Academy. Ms. Sunny enjoys golfing, paper folding, walking with her dog, Buddy, and teaching.
- Ms. Kathy is a lead Upper Elementary Language teacher. She has her Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, her Master’s Degree in Reading Education from Saginaw Valley State University and her Montessori Certification from North American Montessori Center. Ms. Kathy has been teaching for 11 years. She enjoys being with her family and recently became a grandmother to her first grandchild. She has two beautiful children who are married and a wonderful husband of 34 years. In her spare time she loves to quilt, bike, crochet, cook, travel, attend Detroit Tigers baseball games and attend church events.
- Ms. Danielle is a lead Lower Elementary teacher who teaches math, science, and social studies. She graduated from Oakland University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. She also has her Montessori certification from the North American Montessori Center. Ms. Danielle enjoys playing sports, arts and crafts, playing board games and working with the junior high and high school teens at her church.
- Ms. Nia is a lead Elementary Language Arts teacher. She graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and a minor in Special Education. She enjoys outdoor activities, visiting family and cooking fun recipes.
Club Brookfield Teachers
Club Brookfield teachers are sensitive to the social and emotional needs of children during before- and after-school times and school vacation days. They provide a safe, consistent atmosphere that ensures nurturing experiences for each child. Meet our Rochester Hills before & after school teachers.
- Ms. Barbara is the Club Brookfield Director. She has worked in the child care field since 2001 in both in-home care and a school setting. She has been a part of the Brookfield team since 2012. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, doing volunteer work, and reading.
Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities Teachers
Enrichment teachers and coaches foster children’s desires for new challenges and opportunities that celebrate their expanding world. Meet our Rochester Hills enrichment & extracurricular activities teachers.
- Ms. Saritha is the Computer Teacher. She loves teaching because through teaching, she has become a lifelong learner. She feels as though she never ceases to learn from her students. Every day is different and the students are all unique but most of all, she wants her computer class to be a fun learning experience for the children. When she is not teaching she enjoys spending time with her family, reading and listening to music.
- Mr. Bob is the Director of Music at Brookfield Academy. He has been a music educator for the last 21 years and has been teaching at Brookfield Academy since 2002. Mr. Bob has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama. Prior to becoming a teacher, Mr. Bob served as an Aviation Operations Specialist in the United States Army. He enjoys mountain biking, hiking, playing the trumpet, watching his hometown Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time with family and friends, his wife Martha, and their two cats, Colin and Ringo and two dogs, George and Bruce.
- Sra. Vasquez comes from Mexican heritage. She has over 12 years of experience teaching Spanish. Sra. Vasquez also has experience working as an assistant in the Montessori classroom and as the Club Brookfield Director. She enjoys sharing her language and culture with the children. Some of the most rewarding parts of teaching are watching the children learn something new.
- Ms. Andi is the Art teacher at Brookfield Academy. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, and has worked as an art teacher for six years as well as an assistant to a university professor for two years. She has taught art at Brookfield since 2012. She loves to teach art because of the limitless possibilities art offers for reaching young minds in our schools. She believes that Art is cross-curricular and touches all aspects of life and is truly the language of all humankind.
- Mr. K is the Physical Education teacher at Brookfield Academy. He graduated from Western Michigan University in the Spring of 2012. This will be his third year teaching elementary Physical Education. Mr. K coaches football at his High School alma mater, Waterford Kettering, and enjoys sports and karaoke in his spare time.
School administrators uphold the Montessori mission to provide children with an individualized education that helps them achieve academic success. They work hand in hand with their faculty and families to nurture each child’s individual, unique potential. Meet our Rochester Hills school administrators.
- Ms. Dawn McComb has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 1998. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development from Central Michigan University and a Lower Elementary Montessori certificate from MMTEC. Ms. Dawn was a Lower Elementary teacher prior to taking on the role as Principal in 2007. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her three children, her husband, friends and family. Ms. Dawn loves to read, watch movies and play games.
- Ms. Linda has worked at Brookfield Academy since 1993. She was a Children’s House teacher at the Troy Brookfield campus and later she became the Director at Detroit Diesel childcare center. She received her Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from Oakland University and her Montessori certification from MMTEC. As the Assistant Principal, Ms. Linda is able to bring her experience and knowledge to complement the Brookfield Academy programs. Ms. Linda enjoys spoiling her granddaughter.
- Ms. Tanya has worked at Brookfield Academy since 2002. She is a graduate of Ferris State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. She has been married to her best friend for 35 years, has two married children and 5 granddaughters. She enjoys time with her family, spoiling her grandchildren and spending time up north.