Toddler / Preschool / Pre-Primary Lead Teachers
Our Montessori-certified preschool or pre-primary teachers help children build and master important skills at critical periods – the moment they are most sensitive to acquiring a new skill or concept. Meet our Rochester Hills preschool teachers.
- Ms. Mary is a Lead Children’s House teacher. She has a Bachelor’s Degree from Hope College and her Montessori Credential from The Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. Ms. Mary gained a true appreciation for the Montessori method while watching her two children grow and learn at Brookfield. Ms. Mary worked as a teacher’s assistant for two years and has been a lead teacher since 2004. Seeing a student reach the “ah ha” moment gives Ms. Mary a great deal of fulfillment. She enjoys traveling, camping, and spending time with her family.
- Ms. Chelsea is a Toddler lead teacher. She became a Children’s House associate teacher in 2016 and then the Toddler lead teacher in 2017. She has her Associate degree in Early Childhood Education from Baker College and is pursuing her Bachelor degree. Ms. Chelsea has worked in various early learning centers in Lake Orion and has also been employed as a nanny. She feels that children are important and she loves watching them grow and develop from the learning experiences they share. She chose to pursue working in early childhood so she could make a difference in children’s lives. In her spare time she enjoys being with family, spending time outdoors and camping.
- Ms. Kristen is a lead Children’s House teacher. She has a degree in Early Childhood Education and received her Montessori certification from the Montessori Teacher Teaching Institute in Adrian, Michigan. Ms. Kristen has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 1994, working both at the Troy and Rochester campuses. Ms. Kristen started as the Daycare Coordinator in Troy in 1994 and as a lead teacher in Rochester in 1998. Ms. Kristen has two daughters that she loves spending time with at her family cottage or just relaxing at home.
- Ms. Tejal is a lead Children’s House teacher. She has been teaching since 1977 and enjoys watching children develop to their full potential. She looks forward to coming to work because with this age group every day is a new day with a new surprise. Ms. Tejal has earned a degree in Early Education/Special Education from Sophia College in India as well as Montessori Certification from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. She has been part of the Brookfield team since 1989. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, reading and traveling.
- Ms. Carrie began working at Brookfield Academy in 2005, as an associate teacher. She has eight combined years as an employee at both the Rochester campus and the Troy campus. Ms. Carrie studied English Literature at Wayne State University, and has attended the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Institute for pre-primary education. Ms. Carrie is passionate about making learning fun and exciting, which will help children to develop a love for learning throughout their whole education. When not at Brookfield, Ms. Carrie enjoys spending time with her family travelling, boating, being outdoors, or having movie nights at home.
Preschool / Pre-Primary Associate Teachers
- Ms. Michelle Austin
- Ms. Suchi Kumar
- Ms. Prabha Mohan
- Ms. Colleen Ober
- Ms. Zoa Sare
- Ms. Bhumika Rajdev
- Ms. Vanessa LaRocca
- Ms. Michelle is a Toddler Associate teacher. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2017. She has her Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Studies from Rochester College. Michelle has been employed as a private nanny for 3 years and was also a preschool teacher in Clinton Twp. She loves helping children, the environment around them and watching the joy on their faces as they discover something new. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her husband and two dogs, Blue and Dex.
- Ms. Such is a Children’s House associate teacher. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2009 Ms. Suchi has a Child Development Associate Degree from Macomb Community College. Ms. Suchi’s passion is working with children and helping them reach their goals. She enjoys being around kids. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling and reading.
- Ms. Prabha has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2007. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in English Literature in India and recently completed courses in Early Childhood Education at Oakland Community College. Ms. Prabha has also attended Para-professional training at the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. She loves the energy and the innocent enthusiasm of children. She finds it very rewarding to see them grow and she loves being a part of their lives.
- Ms. Colleen is a Toddler Associate teacher. She has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2002. She has a grown son and loves to be with children.
- Ms. Zoa studied Child Development at Oakland Community College. She ran an in-home childcare for 15 years. Ms. Zoa became a part of the Brookfield Academy team in 2009 as an assistant teacher. In 2010 she became our afterschool Club Director. Ms. Zoa finds the most rewarding part of her job is seeing how the little things we do play such a big role in shaping children as they grow. Her favorite past-times are reading and spending time with her family. Her favorite books include “The Giving Tree” and “Oh, the Places You Will Go.”
- Ms. Bhumika is a Children’s House associate teacher. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2017. She has her Bachelor degree in Education from the University of Kolkata, India and also has her Child Development Associate Degree from Florida. Ms. Bhumika has worked in various learning centers in Orlando, Florida. She enjoys being around children. In her spare time she enjoys being with family and friends and traveling.
- Ms. Vanessa is a Children’s House Associate teacher. She is currently studying Elementary Education at Oakland University. Ms. Vanessa has known since she was an elementary student that she wanted to become a teacher. She fell in love with the Montessori method in 2015 when she began observing an elementary classroom at Brookfield Academy. She loves helping kids grow and learn and enjoys getting to know all her students. Ms. Vanessa loves to attend concerts, spend time with friends and travel.
Our highly trained elementary school teachers combine high expectations for children with hands-on, challenging, and engaging materials in an environment designed to foster academic success and social skills. Meet our Rochester Hills elementary school teachers.
- Ms. Amy is a lead Elementary Language Arts Teacher. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from the University of Michigan. She has 18 years of experience working with children and has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2005. Ms. Amy states that her mission is to bring joy in learning to her students. In her free time, Ms. Amy loves to spend time with her family and friends, boating, staying active outdoors, and cheering on Michigan sports.
- Ms. Sunny is a lead Elementary Teacher who teaches math, science and cultural studies. She has a Master’s Degree in Political Science, a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Sungshin Women’s University in Seoul, Korea, and her Montessori Credential from the Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center. She has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2003. She enjoys golfing, paper folding, walking with her dog, Buddy, and teaching the most.
- Ms. Kathy is a lead Upper Elementary Language Arts teacher. She has her Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, her Master’s Degree in Reading Education from Saginaw Valley State University and her Montessori Certification from North American Montessori Center. Ms. Kathy has been teaching for 13 years and has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2010. She has two beautiful children who are married, 2 grandsons and a wonderful husband of 35 years. In her spare time she loves to spend time with family, quilt, bike, crochet, cook, travel, attend Detroit Tigers baseball games and attend church events.
- Ms. Elise is a Lead Upper Elementary Teacher who teaches Math, Science and Cultural Studies. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan. She enjoys being with her friends and family, and has two beautiful nieces that she loves to spend time with after school and on the weekends. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, writing, traveling, and playing board games.
- Ms. Danielle is a lead Lower Elementary teacher who teaches Math, Science, and Social Studies. She graduated from Oakland University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. She also has her Montessori certification from the North American Montessori Center. Ms. Danielle joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2013. She enjoys playing sports, arts and crafts, playing board games and working with the junior high and high school teens at her church.
Club Brookfield Teachers
Club Brookfield teachers are sensitive to the social and emotional needs of children during before- and after-school times and school vacation days. They provide a safe, consistent atmosphere that ensures nurturing experiences for each child. Meet our Rochester Hills before & after school teachers.
- Ms. Barbara is the Club Brookfield Director. She has worked in the child care field since 2001 in both in-home care and a school setting. She has been a part of the Brookfield team since 2012. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, doing volunteer work, and reading.
Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities Teachers
Enrichment teachers and coaches foster children’s desires for new challenges and opportunities that celebrate their expanding world. Meet our Rochester Hills enrichment & extracurricular activities teachers.
- Ms. Saritha joined the Brookfield Academy team as the Computer teacher in 2004. She has worked as a programmer/analyst for RDA Group, a research and consulting company. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Sociology and Public Administration and an Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems. Her goal for her students is teach them keyboarding skills and about computer technology thereby enabling them to use computers. Ms. Saritha loves teaching because teaching is lifelong learning. She never ceases to learn from her students. Every day is different and each child is unique. When she isn’t teaching she enjoys spending time with family, reading and listening to music. Ms. Saritha loves learning, she loves children and she loves to teach!
- Mr. Bob is the Director of Music at Brookfield Academy. He has been a music educator for the last 21 years and has been teaching at Brookfield Academy since 2002. Mr. Bob has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama. Prior to becoming a teacher, Mr. Bob served as an Aviation Operations Specialist in the United States Army. He enjoys mountain biking, hiking, playing the trumpet, watching his hometown Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time with family and friends, his wife Martha, and their two cats, Colin and Ringo and two dogs, George and Bruce.
- Sra. Vasquez comes from Mexican heritage. She has over 14 years of experience teaching Spanish. She joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2001. Sra. Vasquez has experience working as an assistant in the Montessori classroom and as the Club Brookfield Director. She enjoys sharing her language and culture with the children. Some of the most rewarding parts of teaching are watching the children learn something new.
- Ms. Andi is the Art teacher at Brookfield Academy. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design. She has worked as an assistant to a university professor for two years and has been part of the Brookfield team since 2012. She loves to teach art because of the limitless possibilities art offers for reaching young minds in our schools. She believes that Art is cross-curricular and touches all aspects of life and is truly the language of all humankind.
- Mr. K is the Physical Education teacher at Brookfield Academy. He graduated from Western Michigan University in the Spring of 2012. He joined the Brookfield Academy team in 2015. Mr. K also coaches football at Lamphere High School and enjoys sports and karaoke in his spare time.
School administrators uphold the Montessori mission to provide children with an individualized education that helps them achieve academic success. They work hand in hand with their faculty and families to nurture each child’s individual, unique potential. Meet our Rochester Hills school administrators.
- Ms. Dawn has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 1998. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development from Central Michigan University and a Lower Elementary Montessori certificate from MMTEC. Ms. Dawn was a Lower Elementary teacher prior to taking on the role of Principal in 2007. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her three children, her husband, friends and family. Ms. Dawn loves to read, watch movies and play games.
- Ms. Tanya has been part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2002. She is a graduate of Ferris State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. She has been married to her best friend for 36 years, has two married children and 5 granddaughters. She enjoys time with her family, spoiling her grandchildren and spending time up north.