Our Montessori-trained infant and toddler teachers form close bonds with the children, encouraging the development of language and body awareness through movement and exploration. Meet our Livonia child care teachers.
- Ms. Barbara joined the Brookfield Staff in October 2014. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Child Development from Madonna University, and anticipates completing her Master’s Degree in Child Development in December 2017. She also has a Montessori Toddler Teacher credential. She has experience working in public schools and in early learning centers for the past 14 years and has been a Lead Teacher and an Early Learning Community Assistant and Quality Improvement Specialist with previous employers.
- Ms. Cori Travis joined the Brookfield Academy Livonia team as an associate toddler teacher in August 2017 after working through most of summer 2017 as a substitute teacher in the toddler room. She is near completion of her Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education at Schoolcraft College and has 15+ years of experience working in early childhood education. Ms. Travis has two children of her own and describes herself as being very family oriented. In
her free time she loves to cook and entertain family.
- Ms. Sarah joined the staff of Brookfield Academy Livonia Campus in fall 2016 as an Associate Teacher in the Toddler Classroom. Sarah has a B.S. Degree in History and Anthropology from Central Michigan University with previous work experience at the Michigan Science Center in Detroit, Michigan, The Museum of Cultural and Natural History in Mount Pleasant, Michigan and The Ella Sharp Museum of Art and History in Jackson, Michigan. Ms. Sarah created educational programming for museum visiting school groups, created hands-on lesson plans for summer camp and worked with children of varying age groups and abilities. Sarah loves working with our toddlers and the toddlers seem to love working with Sarah. She is and enthusiastic and high-energy teacher and Brookfield is very pleased that she joined our team!
Preschool / Pre-Primary Teachers
Our Montessori-certified preschool or pre-primary teachers help children build and master important skills at critical periods – the moment they are most sensitive to acquiring a new skill or concept. Meet our Livonia preschool teachers.
- Ms. Renuka Cramer joined Brookfield Academy as a lead preschool and kindergarten teacher in August 2016. She came to us with over 25 years of Montessori teaching experience. Ms. Renuka holds an elementary A.M.I. Montessori credential from Hershey Montessori Training Institute in Avila, Indiana, and a primary A.M.I. credential from Good Shepherd Maria Montessori Training Center in Colombo 7, Sri Lanka. In her free time Ms. Renuka enjoys reading, music, gardening and baking.
- Ms. Amy Seykell is a Lead Preschool and Kindergarten Teacher. She has an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Development and a Montessori Preprimary credential, with over 20 years of experience working with children, with over eight of those years being at Brookfield Academy Livonia. She has served as a lead preschool teacher, a Club Brookfield Director, Lead Infant and Toddler Teacher and Infant and Toddler Program Coordinator for Bright Horizons and Brookfield Academy. In her free time Ms. Amy loves to read, go on walks or hikes, watch movies, and to spend time with her son and family.
- Ms. Maleka joined our staff as a substitute teacher in 2015. She is the Associate Teacher in Ms. Renuka’s preschool classroom. She has an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education from The University of Bombay, India and many years of previous experience as an associate teacher in other Montessori programs. She was a frequent substitute teacher for Brookfield where she demonstrated an excellent understanding of Montessori and excellent skill in using Montessori materials to support the lead teacher in a classroom. She is very calm and nurturing with our students. In her free time she enjoys cooking for her family, working on the computer, sewing and crafts.
Pre-Primary Associate Teachers
- Padmasree Nalamolu is an Associate Teacher who has over 10 years of teaching experience in Montessori education. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and an Early Childhood Montessori Credential from Adrian Dominican Montessori Teacher Education Institute in Adrian, Michigan. She started working at Brookfield Academy in 2003. Ms. Padma joined the Livonia campus when the school was first opened in 2009. In her spare time, Ms. Padma loves to participate in lots of community service activities. Some of her hobbies are gardening, cooking, and doing crafts.
Our highly trained elementary school teachers combine high expectations for children with hands-on, challenging, and engaging materials in an environment designed to foster academic success and social skills. Meet our Livonia elementary school teachers.
- Ms. Uma Gopalakrishnan is a Lead Elementary Teacher in our lower elementary classroom. She has a Master’s Degree in Science from The University of Bombay, India and her Montessori Credentials for Preschool and for Lower Elementary. She is also a teacher trainer at the Montessori Teacher Training Institute in Adrian, Michigan. Ms. Uma has been teaching Montessori classrooms since 2006 and joined the Brookfield Academy Livonia Campus in 2011. In her free time she enjoys gardening, travelling, camping and reading.
- Mr. John Toth is a Lead Upper Elementary Teacher. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Mr. Toth was new to Brookfield Academy in 2013 following two prior years of classroom teaching experience. He also has high school coaching experience. Mr. Toth loves sports, especially baseball. In his spare time he loves to play sports, coach sports, and to spend time with family and friends.
- Mrs. Gray previously worked as an elementary teacher for five years at the Brookfield Academy Troy Campus where she was loved by students, colleagues and parents. She has both her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Elementary Education. Additionally, Mrs. Gray did her Montessori Elementary Credential training at Michigan Montessori Teacher Education Center while working at our Troy Campus. We are pleased that Mrs. Gray joined the Brookfield Livonia team beginning with the 2017-2018 school year!
Mrs. Gray is married to Devin Gray and has one son, Mason, who also attends Brookfield Academy Livonia Campus. In her free time she enjoys traveling with her family and reading.
- Mrs. Chelsea King has been an associate teacher at Brookfield Academy West Bloomfield Campus since 2016. We welcomed her to the Livonia Campus in August 2017 as the language arts and social studies teacher in lower elementary. She has a Bachelor degree in theatre from Western Michigan University and is completing her Master’s Degree in Elementary Education from University of Phoenix. She also will complete her Montessori Elementary I credential in fall 2017. In her free time, Mrs. King enjoys spending time with her family and friends, biking, bowling and movies.
Club Brookfield Teachers
Club Brookfield teachers are sensitive to the social and emotional needs of children during before- and after-school times and school vacation days. They provide a safe, consistent atmosphere that ensures nurturing experiences for each child. Meet our Livonia before & after school teachers.
- Ms. Angie is the Club Brookfield Director. She has an associate degree in early childhood development from Schoolcraft Community College in Michigan. She has 16 years of experience in child care, three of which have been spent at Brookfield Academy. Her passion is working with children and she also enjoys scrapbooking, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities Teachers
Enrichment teachers and coaches foster children’s desires for new challenges and opportunities that celebrate their expanding world. Meet our Livonia enrichment & extracurricular activities teachers.
- Mr. Karagosian is a 2012 graduate of Western Michigan University with a B.S. Degree in Education and Human Development. He is certified to teach Physical Education/Coaching and Health Education. Mr. Karagosian has previous teaching experience in public schools, charter schools and at a Montessori school in Mt. Clemens, MI. He is currently also the Assistant Varsity Football Coach at Waterford Kettering High School. We are very pleased to have him join the Brookfield Family at both the Livonia Campus and at the Rochester Hills Campus.
- Mr. Warren attended Oakland Community College and Mid-Michigan College in Lansing, Michigan. He also is a graduate of The Fire Academy and is a certified paramedic. Kyle has worked for Brookfield Academy Troy both as an associate teacher in child care and as a summer camp counselor. He is married and has a dog named, Luna. Mr. Warren is passionate about computer technology and enjoys spending time with his family, friends and Luna.
- Mr. Bob is the director of music at Brookfield Academy. He has been a music educator for the last 18 years, 12 of which have been spent at Brookfield. Mr. Bob has a bachelor’s degree in music education from Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama. Prior to becoming a teacher, Mr. Bob served as an Aviation Operations Specialist in the United States Army. He enjoys mountain biking, hiking, playing the trumpet, watching his hometown Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time with family and friends, his wife Martha, and their two cats, Colin and Ringo.
- Sra. Vasquez comes from Mexican heritage. She has over 12 years of experience teaching Spanish. Sra. Vasquez also has experience working as an assistant in the Montessori classroom and as the Club Brookfield Director. She enjoys sharing her language and culture with the children. Some of the most rewarding parts of teaching are watching the children learn something new.
- Ms. Cori is Art teacher. In the past she has been the Club Director/Summer Camp Director at the Troy Campus. She has worked at Brookfield Academy since 2008. She studied fine art at Adrian College and continues to paint, draw, and create in her free time. She loves being a positive part of each child’s day.
School administrators uphold the Montessori mission to provide children with an individualized education that helps them achieve academic success. They work hand in hand with their faculty and families to nurture each child’s individual, unique potential. Meet our Livonia school administrators.
- Mrs. Karen has been a part of the Brookfield Academy team since 2002. She has a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan. In addition, she has her Teaching Certificate from the state of Michigan and a Montessori Elementary I Teaching Credential. Prior to joining the Livonia campus as principal, Ms. Karen worked as a K-2, 2-4, and 3-5 elementary math, science, and geography teacher, assistant principal at the Troy campus, and principal of the West Bloomfield campus. Ms. Karen enjoys teaching, leading teachers, and guiding families through their children’s early education.
- Ms. Mary Jo has been with Brookfield Academy for nine years. She started as the physical education teacher at the Rochester Campus and has been the Business Manager at the Livonia Campus since it opened in 2009. Ms. Mary Jo is a graduate of Michigan State University where she studied both telecommunications and elementary education. She and her husband have four children, six grandchildren, a dog, a cat, and a tortoise. In her spare time, she enjoys aerobics, pottery, reading, and hiking.